Thursday, December 14, 2006

vinyl rush 2


In June 1977 I went to a big outdoor gig at Knebworth with my best buddy Mike [and about 60.000 others]. Genesis were headlining, Jefferson Starship were on the bill, and Devo were met with a hail of bottles, but the other band I really wanted to see were then up-and-coming Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers from the USA. And very good they were too. I remember Tom Petty wearing a big black top hat like the undertaker in a spaghetti western. They felt like a bridge between a lot of the rock stuff I had first got into in the early 70s, and the punky stuff I was into in 1977. Listening this morning to their first album, and I got that vinyl rush again...

3 comments:

Sarcastic Lutheran said...

I just tagged you
http://sarcasticlutheran.typepad.com/
hope that's ok...play along

ian said...

more than OK

Yatesy said...

Free Fallin!!!!!

TUNE!