Tuesday, June 05, 2007

with Fr Richard Rohr


In the last 18 months I've been going back again and again to the writings of Franciscan priest Fr Richard Rohr. This weekend I went with Gail and with Matt and Jim from hOME to a conference in York featuring Fr Richard. So much wonderful stuff - inspiring us to keep on seeking to be engaged in the present moment and following in the way of Christ for the world, with what Fr Richard calls a contemplative mind. I want this this to keep on shaping me. And I hope that I can keep on encouraging others in mayBe community and beyond to explore a similar path. Here's a pic of Jim, Jo, Ian, Gail and Matt at meal time.

3 comments:

Matt said...

it was a great weekend to be sure...

Ian Adams said...

and thanks to you Matt for suggesting that I read some of Fr Richard's stuff in the first place...

Sarcastic Lutheran said...

Ian,
e-mail me what books of his you recommend.
Nadia