Friday, August 29, 2008

heh that's one of my pics!



I was sat with Gail listening to Brian Mclaren on Friday at Greenbelt and suddenly realised that a guy in front of me had a magazine with a picture of mine on the front cover - the Church Times Greenbelt guide. It was a pic I took in the summer of my friend StevieB. Really good to see it being used, though it might have been nice to be asked or credited [or is that just me needing affirmation?!] Here's the magazine version and my original.

6 comments:

simon said...

very nice!!!

Mark B said...

Hmmm that is naughty, to use a photo in a publication without permission is out of order, you should write to them!... great pic btw! and good to see you at Greenbelt.

LauraHD said...

Does seem cheeky of them... Good to see you and Gail at GB anyway.

Johnny said...

asked, credited, or paid! ;-)))

Earlier this year, I was interested to visit a booth at a conference (which will remain nameless) promoting a new web service for Churches. The guys directed me to one of their newly constructed sites for a Church. As I started to read the blurb on the home page, it looked familiar. Then it dawned on me. "Hang on!", "I wrote that!!" :-)))))

Simon Jones said...

Hello there. When we put together the guide we were forwarded a lot of pictures from Greenbelt. There was no indication from them that any of the pictures were not theirs (and thereby ours) to use freely. If that was the case I can only apologise on their behalf. It is a great pic.

Ian Adams said...

No probs Simon - thanks for your message. As I suggested in my post I think I was just being a bit needy! I'm really pleased that you liked the pic and used it so well. peace Ian